注册时间: 2012-03-13

最后登录时间: 2012-03-13

空间 发短消息加为好友

they generally

wangkai  发表于 2012/3/13 15:46:11      1121 查看 0 回复  [上一主题]  [下一主题]

手机阅读

they generally

tend toward asymmetry and exploitation.
[url=http://www.michaelkorsoutletstores.com/]Michael Kors[/url]   This essay thus interrogates the intersection of feminist and abolitionist discourses through an analysis of the attitudes toward black and female bodies revealed there. The composite term that names this intersection, feministabolitionist, has come into currency with the writings of twentiethcentury historians. Women involved in both the abolitionist and woman's rights movements also tended to advocate temperance, oppose prostitution, and reform schools, prisons, and diets; they referred to themselves as "universal reformers." My use of the term feministabolitionist is thus an anachronistic convenience, the hyphen neatly articulating the very connections and distinctions that I intend to explore. I will therefore focus on those writings in which the rhetorical crossings of women and slaves predominate: the political speeches and pamphlets that equate the figure of the woman and the figure of the slave; the sentimental novels and giftbook stories in which antislavery women attempt to represent the slave and more obliquely depict their own fears and desires, so that the racial and the sexual come to displace one another; and the
[url=http://www.michaelkorsoutletstores.com/]Michael Kors[/url]   more conservative Sundayschool primers that, in trying to domesticate slavery, recast its oppressions in familial terms, demonstrating the complicity of the two institutions and hence the degree to which domestic and sentimental antislavery writings are implicated in the very oppressions they seek to reform. Michael Kors Outlet Feminists and abolitionists were acutely aware of the dependence of personhood on the condition of the human body since the political and legal subordi Bodily Bonds Copyrighted material "You running me down, you? You fiveletter man. you! You THIEF!"; Loeb ed., trans. Paul Nixon London, , . . Compare another remark of Wedderburn's: "This property i.e., correspondence is as sacred and precious to Gentleman of integrity, as their family plate or jewels are" :. The examples of plate and jewels are telling because of Michael Kors their contiguity with the body: Wedderburn has to insist on a metonymy between letters Michael Kors Handbags and the body, a metonymy contained by the juridical force of property relations. Franklin, while denying the force Michael Kors Outlet Online of the metonymy, exploited it, for it is the same metonymic bond of letters to the body that had been parodically foregrounded in the epitaph, or the preface to Poor Richard. . At the same time, a Chancery suit brought against Franklin by Whately over the affair charges with a sneer that in disseminating the letters Franklin was merely "carrying on the Trade of a Printer" :. This theme of the silent manipulator of letters became something of a tradition among Franklin's enemies. Thomas Hutchinson reports with horror seeing Franklin "
[url=http://www.michaelkorsoutletstores.com/]Michael Kors[/url]  

1楼 0 0 回复